Just a heads up, this recipe is, yes, super easy to follow and affordable of course, but it is kinda lengthy to do so patience is a must!
French Macarons is basically made with a meringue cookie (because of its light and airy texture) plus a creamy fillings depending on the kind of flavor you want to choose. This version is a blueberry filled french macarons. 🙂
Prepping Time: 2 Hours and 30 Minutes (This varies from person to person.)
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Serving: 21 BIG pieces
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 and 1/2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 6 white eggs
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of fine sugar
- Food coloring
- Baking Sheets
- For the fillings:
- 500 grams of softened plain cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons of blueberry jam
- Preheat the oven 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix in the confectioners’ sugar, flour and salt in a big bowl using a strainer.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the egg whites until frothy. Add vanilla base.
- And then, mix the powdered mixture unto frothy mixture using spatula.
- Gradually add refined sugar while making folds using spatula.
- Put into 3 separate bowls for mixing of variety of colors. *Number of colors upon your discretion. In my recipe, I used 3 colors. (Pink, Mint Green, Sky Blue)*
- Set aside the mixtures.
- Prepare the filling by mixing vanilla extract, plain cream cheese and blueberry jam in a big bowl until softened.
- Use a round tip in filling the baking sheets. Size depends on the baker.
- Let it sit for about 5 to 30 minutes until bubbles are not visible.
- Bake it for about 20-30 minutes. (Depends on the thickness of each macarons.)
- Let it cool for about 10-20 minutes before spreading the filling in between to avoid it from melting.
- Cool and serve! 🙂
This is best served chilled as a dessert after a sumptuous meal. Just don’t forget to drink lots of water ‘coz this is very sweet but highly addictive. 😉