Everytime i crave for something, i refrain from buying in a fast food chain. Instead i have this habit of copying the exact thing they sell or the exact picture they promote. This time i am craving for tacos from taco time so i decided to have a little sight seeing around the grocery store with my ingredient list:
- 1 kg of ground pork beef
- 1 pack of taco seasoning (35g)
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- 1 pack of shredded cheese
- 1 pack of tortilla wraps
- Salsa dip (optional)
I was really excited to make this taco thing for the family so right after the grocery shopping, I ran to the kitchen and here’s what i did.
- Chop the tomatoes in cubes, bell pepper in strips and lettuce.
- Cook the ground beef until brown or 7-8minutes in a medium heated pan without the cooking oil since it has its own oil. Discard the excess oil after cooking. Set aside.
- Add the taco seasoning. For a 1kg ground beef, a 1 pck of seasoning will do. For a half kg of meat, a half pack of seasoning will do.
- Now,nfor preparing the wrap, apply the salsa fist into the wrap.
- Add the cheese. We put the salsa first for the next ingredients to stick with it.
- Next is the vegetables and lastly the ground beef. Do as you please. Wrap it and you may use a toothpick to hold the wrap.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here’s my finish product. The family enjoyed eating it. It was heavy for a snack and enough to be considered as a dinner. It’s a little bit of healthy because no extra oil was added in cooking the meat and the vegetables were raw just be sure to wash them properly. We welould not want chemicals in our tacos!
Craving for a mexican food? Try this at home!
Tell me your thoughts!