If people gets bored, so does the food! Makes sense? Yes! If you occasionally buy a pre-packed ready to fry chicken and you eat it every single dinner of tour life, are you not going to complain? Or think out of the box? That’s what happened to me. There was a week when my freezer only contained chicken chicken chicken. I love fried foods. I know they are not healthy but im really inlove with the smell of oil and garlic! i cannot help it. One night as i was planning to cook my food ritual which is the great fried chicken, i thought of a plan on how to make it different just for a change. But at the same time i wanted a fried chicken. I’m thinking to cook two different kinds of food both made with chicken but it was a lot of work for me to think i am gonna be the only one who’s gonna eat it. So there came the idea of making it stir-fried.
- 2 kg of chicken (any part will do)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 medium cabbage
- 1 medium bellpepper seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- Cayenne Pepper(optional)
- Boil the chicken 5-10 minutes to make it soft.
- While boiling the chicken, saute the garlic, onions and bell pepper. Wait for the bell pepper to shrink.
- Add the boiled chicken and leave it for 4 minutes or until brown.
- Add the chicken broth and finely chopped cabbage and leave for another 4-5 minutes in low heat burner.
- Add 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Add the cayenne pepper for spicy flavor.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is just a simple trick to my lame fried chicken nights and i really loved it! I did not have a dry food because of the added vegetables. The bellpepper and garlic brought out the good smell of the chicken.
Did you have any experience in where you made a rescue remedy for a boring food? Tell me your thoughts!