Baking Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 2 hours
This is my first time baking cookies. I decided to make some just to impress my loved ones last valentine’s day hehe. I personally chose heart shaped cookie cutters because they looked cute! If you have spare time of making these, you should try it!
- 5 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of refined sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of softened butter
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Here’s a quick video overview of my first cookie-baking experience. Scroll down for complete step by step tutorial 🙂
How To Do It?
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl. Make sure to leave a room for 5 cups of flour later.
- Add in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt).
- Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour – overnight.
- Preheat oven 400F.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into 1/2 inch thick.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before decorating.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
After baking, I used my DIY cookie boxes as a gift wrap. I like utilizing everything that I made. It makes me feel fulfilled, gives a personal touch on my gift and it’s a great way to save money! I provided a link for that right here if you want to try ’em. 🙂
Do you have any other version of sugar cookie recipe? I would love to hear about them! 🙂
Much Love, J